Welcome! I’m Chanetris Chance, a public relations student at Florida A&M University. I have academic and professional experience in Communications. Although I focus in visual design, social media, and news writing, I also speak conversational French and a little Spanish, I have experience with advertising and recruiting, community-based organizations and outreach.
I currently work full-time at the department of health assisting with the Healthy start program, that provides education and care coordination to pregnant women and families of children under the age of three.
I also have the honor of interning with Girls 2 DIVAS is a is 501c3 non-profit organization that promotes positive one on one mentoring and enrichment for girls in grades 5th-12th. In this capacity I have the chance to do what I do best by managing their literature, social media, and create giveaways. It has even allowed me to step into the field of photography.
My recent employment, volunteer, and interning work
Maternal and Child Health
- Provide daily administrative support for the staff of the Healthy Start Program
- Prepare departmental travel arrangements while accurately tracking expenses and reimbursements
- Maintain office supply and inventory as needed to support office functions
- Researched and reported on current events
- Conducted interviews with significant individuals
NextGen Climate Action
September 2014– November 2016
- Maintained and updated social media platforms to drive awareness
- Developed public relations campaigns to help educate and communicate in
support of pro-climate voting across Florida
Florida A&M University
August 2016 - December 2019
Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises
May 2016 - August 2016
I am driven by my passion for being exemplary and helping others.
I am eager to both build on my academic foundations in PR and stay up to date with the newest forms and methods of multimedia through continuous coursework and professional growth.